Episode 109: Anna LeBaron
I am excited to share Anna LeBaron’s story with you today. If you haven’t heard of her, she is a survivor of a Polygamist cult. Her father was a notorious polygamist and murderer. She grew up unlike most of us. Most of us have never been on the run from the FBI. Filled with murder, fear, and betrayal, Anna’s story is shocking. It’s a story of a fatherless girl and her unwavering search for love, faith, and a place to call home. Anna expresses the power of vulnerability and shares her story of surviving a Polygamist cult. She shares how she found Jesus and how she was able to take off the shame of being her earthly father’s daughter and embrace the unconditional, ever secure love of her heavenly Father.
- The Polygamist Daughter by Anna LeBaron
- Stolen Jesus by Jami Amerine
- Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Holis
- Love Lives Here by Maria Goff
- Anna's father: Ervil LeBaron
- Prophet of Bloodby Ben Bradlee, Jr.
- Brene Brown's books:I Thought It Was Just Me; The Gifts of Imperfections; Daring Greatly; Rising Strong
Anna's Survival Kit:
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- There is power in belonging. No matter what, you have a seat at the table.
- There is also power in vulnerability. People will relate to your imperfections more than your perfections.What did you enjoy about this episode? What was your takeaway. Let's continue the conversation on Instagram or Twitter or you can send me an email here. Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!