Episode 108: Kristy Dickerson
Today’s guest is Kristy Dickerson. She’s the CEO and co-creator of the STARTplanner and author of the new book, Start Balancing. If you’ve listened to the show for awhile then you know that I love planners. So getting to talk with Kristy was so enjoyable. She is a successful entrepreneur, business woman who is first and foremost a wife and mom. We sat down in her office to talk about how she ended up creating a business around a planner. And as you listen, you’ll hear advice for creative people who run businesses, how to fit health into your lifestyle, ways to maximize your time and productivity and how to set smart goals.
- Start Balancingby Kristy Dickerson
- DEAL ALERT: New Year New You Bundle which is is Kristy's book, Start Balancing, and Art Hustle Daily Casebound for $10 off
- DEAL ALERT: Start Balancing book bundles include a free product and free shipping
Kristy's Survival Kit:
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- Advice for creative business owners:1. Need resources or people that can help pour in your life to set standards and expectations2. Our biggest asset is knowing what we are bad at. Then find people who can help better your life and business.3. Know your limitation4. Set expectations and over achieve.
- @@"Sometimes saying no is one of the most powerful things.”@@ That was something something that Kristy said that really stuck with me. Looking back at 2017 and I don’t think I said no much. I tried to do everything from leading groups to volunteering in school to all the projects. And then I’d look up and wonder how much day or week was so full leaving nothing for what I really wanted to do. At the start of this new year, I want to remember to press pause before saying yes or no. I want to pause long enough to consider my time, my goals, my definition of success.
- Ways to maximize your time: establish routines; delegate; don't overcommit; create templates for things you repeat often
- @@Define what success looks like for you.@@
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!