Episode 110: Ashleigh Slater
I was happy to welcome Ashleigh Slater back to join me around my kitchen table. She was my second guest 2 years ago. We have a conversation about braving sorrow. We talk about loss—loss of jobs, houses, dreams, control, and even life. Loss can make for a hard season that we sometimes end up walking through alone. We sometimes don’t feel like we have the permission to grieve losses. We compare our losses and feel like ours isn’t worth grieving.
She talks about her “weeping years” where she walked through a number of losses in a couple of years. And she shares what she learned about herself, her community and her God because of it.
- Surviving Sarah episode 3with Ashleigh - we talk about marriage
- Ashleigh's books: Team Us; Braving Sorrow Together
- The Home Edit - Surviving Not Thriving
- Braving Sorrow Together companion ebook (FREE!)
Ashleigh's Survival Kit:
- Chocolate Jar
- Fuzzy Socks
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- We live in a culture were we are supposed to rush things and not feel things. You have permission to grieve.
- When you are in the middle of the sorrow, look for small gestures of God's love--daily reminders that He loves you.
- You are the protagonist in your story. You will face hurt, loss and sorrow, but through those difficult things, you become stronger.
- Before you face sorrow, find a support system. Treat it like an investment. Invest in other people so that you when face sorrow, you won't walk it alone.What did you enjoy about this episode? What was your takeaway. Let's continue the conversation on Instagram or Twitter or you can send me an email here. Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!