Episode 132: Melanie Dale
It’s that time again for another crossover episode with my good friend, Melanie Dale. And if you are new to the show and haven’t heard one of these episodes you are in for a treat! Each month, Melanie and I sit down and have a conversation about a topic that we are both surviving and that we could lighten up about. So one part is here and the part of the conversation is on her show, Lighten Up with Melanie Dale. So be sure to hop over there when are you are finished listening to this one.
This month, we are having a conversation about something that I tend to struggle with a lot—contentment. Does anybody else ride the struggle bus, too? We talk about the different categories of discontentment, the byproduct emotions of our discontentment, and what has helped us when we feel like we are spinning out of control with discontentment.
- Lighten Up with Melanie Dale crossover show with Surviving Sarah
- Calm My Anxious Heartby Linda Dillow
- Sarah's book: Body. Beauty. Boys. The Truth About Girls and How We See Ourselves
- Surviving Sarah episode with Amber Tysl
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- Categories of Contement:
- content to be me
- content in my role
- content in my circumstances
- content in my relationships
- You are enough. You have enough. When you wish you had something more, something different, something better, say out loud, "You have enough."
- Would you describe yourself as a content person? why or why not?
- What does discontentment look like? How would you describe it?
- When was a time that you felt the most content in one of those categories?
- Which one of those categories do you tend to struggle with the most? Or is it different in different seasons?
- Melanie talked about how hanging out with her friends is like a balm for her. What is a balm that helps you during the moment of discontentment?
- What has helped you figure out who you are?
- If you are feeling a level of discontent, what feels like me?
- What is your byproduct emotion that comes from being discontent?
- What helps you when you feel like you are feeling discontent?
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Tricia865". She said, “I have loved every episode I’ve listened to so far. I feel like sarah is always talking to incredibly relevant, intelligent and awesome people with very relevant and helpful topics. There really is something for everyone here. I’m so addicted that I’ve started going back in time and listening to all the old ones.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!