Episode 129: Kylie White
Kylie White joins me around my kitchen table. She is a wife and mother to 4 kids—2 of whom she adopted from the Congo. They operate two Chick-fil-A restaurants and are also part of the Cathy Family that founded Chick-fil-a. So you know I had to ask her for secret menu items!! Kylie is also on the Board of Directors for CARE for AIDS and loves to lift her voice for the voiceless!
We talk about finding purpose. If you have ever wondered if God is done with you or if this is all there is to life, then you are going to love this conversation. We talk about how to find that purpose and how to raise your kids to be generous, to take risks and to be adventurous.
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story by Donald Miller
- CARE for AIDS
- Families For Families
- Warby Parker - Go to warbyparker.com/survive to get your FREE Home Try-On Kit today
- Molekule - For $75 off your first order, visit molekule.com and at checkout enter SURVIVE
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
- Trader Joe's Greek Yogurt with Honey
- Self-care Wednesdays - you can't pour out of an empty cup. Refill / Refuel / Refocus
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- I loved the story she told about her daughter on the balance beam--that we need to be able to block out the noise around us to hear the Father's voice.
- This conversation made me think about whether I want a safe life or a life of adventure.
- I really want to spend some time thinking about the kind of life we want to create for our kids.
- Do you want a safe life or a life of adventure?
- Have you ever wondered if this is all to life? Describe a time when you felt like God was must be done with you or a time when you felt like you didn't have purpose?
- How has God revealed purpose in you?
- What are you doing in your home to cast vision to your kids for who they can become and what God can do through them? What do you want to pass down to your kids? Where do you want to have influence?
- How can we help our kids have experiences? Experiences that create generosity or kindness or adventure?
- What fears keep you from taking a risk or creating an experience?
- What is something you can do today even though you are afraid?
- Where have you seen the best parts of you come alive?
- What is one thing you can do today to see that part of you come alive?
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Tricia865". She said, “I have loved every episode I’ve listened to so far. I feel like sarah is always talking to incredibly relevant, intelligent and awesome people with very relevant and helpful topics. There really is something for everyone here. I’m so addicted that I’ve started going back in time and listening to all the old ones.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!