Episode 128: Melanie Dale
It’s that time again for another crossover episode with my good friend, Melanie Dale. I hope you enjoy these episodes as much as we do. And this month, we are tackling summer. If you are in the south, summer has begun and many of us have mixed emotions about it. Before I had kids, summer was just another season. After kids, summer now carrying a mixed bag of emotions. I equally dread while looking forward to it. So in this part of the crossover episode, we talk about our feelings about summer, our no’s of summer, how we survive working from home while our people are home and screen time. And per usual, there is some slightly inappropriate dialog. Heaven help us. After you listen to this episode, be sure to jump over to Melanie’s podcast, Lighten Up with Melanie Dale, to hear the other half.
- Lighten Up with Melanie Dale crossover show with Surviving Sarah
- Surviving Sarah episode with Kristen Ivy
- Chore Monster
- The Phonics Museum - Phonics Museum FREE for 2 weeks. Go to PhonicsMuseum.com/SURVIVE to gain access to the freebies to help your child learn to read.
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- The biggest question burning in Melanie's mind is whether or not you double up on your undies when wearing athletic shorts?
- In order to survive working from home, you must plan ahead. Have a game plan for how and when you can work. And make sure you have realistic expectations.
- What are your triggers when your kids are home in the summer?
- What are your nonnegotiables?
- What can you let go?
- What can help you be proactive rather than reactive?
- Melanie's summer survival tip: buy suave 3 in 1 shampoo/conditioner/body wash and have the kids shower before you go home from the pool
- Sarah's summer survival tip: drop the comparison - know what works for you. And do one thing once a week that is just for you.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Tricia865". She said, “I have loved every episode I’ve listened to so far. I feel like sarah is always talking to incredibly relevant, intelligent and awesome people with very relevant and helpful topics. There really is something for everyone here. I’m so addicted that I’ve started going back in time and listening to all the old ones.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!