Episode 79: Dopesquad
Here we are at Episode 79 and this is a special and fun episode! I have had several people ask me for more episodes on the subject of friendship. And I think that its because its difficult to find and keep real, authentic friends in the session of adulthood. In fact, for many of you that are listening, this season of life may be quite lonely.
So, I invited my best friends to sit around the kitchen table with me to have a discussion about friendship. You will get to hear from Lesley Graham, Kristy Masterson and Emily Gross. These women are top notch in my book. We have affectionately referred to ourselves as the Dopesquad.
And we talk about how to find friends, what makes a lasting friendship and what advice we give to our own kids about finding friends.
- Tina Fey's Dopesquad video
- Kristy: Bai drinks (blueberry & clementine); listening to podcasts while doing chores; Tone It Up 5 daily moves
- Lesley: Egg Bites from Starbucks; Lara Casey's powersheets; Tone It Upbikini series & free 15 minutes videos; She Reads Truth
- Emily: She Reads Truth; Her husband; Passion Planner; camping
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Connect with Kristy: Instagram
Connect with Emily: Instagram
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- I just love these women so much and I’m thankful that you got to hear from them. Here are some things I wanted to highlight. When it comes to finding friends, you are enough as you are. You can be free to be 100% yourself. Find someone who you feel like you can be 100% yourself. It takes risk, but its worth it. And realize that someone may be waiting on you to make the first move. @@We all want to be pursued, but sometimes you need to be the one to reach out and initiate@@.
- @@Motherhood is the ultimate unifier@@. That is so true. Motherhood is a great common thread to connect you with other women.
- @@There is a beauty in thinking, believing and processing differently@@. You don't have to be exactly alike to be friends. Let your differences and uniqueness add value to your relationship.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from CupFullOfGrace. She said, "Love listening to this podcast while getting things done around the house. Its a great inspiration to hear women from all walks of life be vulnerable and share their story with listeners. Sarah asks all the right questions and brings up the best conversations."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!