Episode 75: Ty Lewis
Ty Lewis joins me for Episode 75. She is affectionately known as Speaker of the House and is determined to walk in greatness. She is a motivational speaker, author, and change agent. She's authored 4 books: SPEAKing from the Heart, Black Boys: Our Hidden Treasure, Confessions of a CEO: 25 Lessons I Learned on the Journey to Becoming My Own Boss and her most recent book, Hello Bella.
We talk about purpose--how to discover your unique purpose, distractions that can get in the way of your purpose and advice to women who lead. Friends. I promise that you will be inspired by Ty. It felt like we experienced church around my kitchen table. There was so much good stuff said--it will come at your quickly so be ready.
- Educationally Speaking Center For Learning
- Ty's books: Confessions of a CEO, Hello Bella, Black Boys: Our Hidden Treasure, SPEAKing from the Heart
- The Gifts of Imperfectionby Brene Brown
- God's Word - The Jesus Bible
- Simple Pursuit devotional
- Confessions of a CEO book
- Picture of her family
- An electronic device
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- One of my favorite takeaways was when she said: "@@You don't have to be perfect, but be purposed@@." Maybe I'm the only one, but for some reason I feel like I need to be perfect in all that I do in order to be seen as good mom, good wife, good leader. But I'm training myself that showing up is enough. I'm trying to take the pressure off of being all the things to all the people.
- I absolutely love that she enables her girls to go ahead and pursue their dreams even though they are young.
- What has God uniquely put in you? The purpose hasn't changed, but maybe the platform has. Purpose looks different in different seasons. Every season is intentional so we have to learn how to be complacent in that season and say, "God thank you for this season." Even if you hate it, there is still a purpose for being in that season.
- When it comes to discovering your purpose, you must seek God first. "@@If you seek God in your first, you won't have to find Him in your last@@."
- @@Looking and comparing yourself to others will distract you away from your purpose@@.
- @@Being a CEO is not about being in a position of power, but a position of purpose@@.
- If you are a woman who is leading anything, then be transparent, be a servant leaders and be bold. Do first whatever you will ask your team to do.
- If you are a working mom, learn to rest.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from CupFullOfGrace. She said, "Love listening to this podcast while getting things done around the house. Its a great inspiration to hear women from all walks of life be vulnerable and share their story with listeners. Sarah asks all the right questions and brings up the best conversations."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!