Episode 74: Retha Nichole
Retha Nichole joins me for Episode 74. She is a life coach, the podcast host of My Light Still Shines and mom to three boys. I’m so thankful that this woman reached out to me over a year and a half ago because she has been such an encourager to me and has pushed me to be a more authentic me.
I think you are going to be really encouraged by our conversation. We talk about knowing you’re worth—how to discover it, ways to reevaluate it in different seasons and things that can destroy it.
How many of you struggle to know the real you? I totally feel like a middle schooler these days because I’m really asking the question, “Who am I?” @@It is never too late to discover who you are@@. And I loved her advice to treat your worth and identity as something that is almost fluid. Meaning, whenever you face a life changing event or whenever you approach a milestone in life, take that as a cue to ask some questions about your identity.
- YETI style cup from Buc-ee's in Texas
- Starburst jelly beans
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- If you don’t know who you are then you are just taking what other people are telling you as the truth about you. Figure out your baseline for things. What is your baselinefor why you eat what you eat? What is your baseline for why you get up when you do? What is your baseline for what you do?
- Sometimes we are doing things in motherhood that we don’t like to do so we think we hate motherhood. Maybe you just aren't supposed to be doing those things. Are there things that you don’t have to do?
- Ask yourself when life change happens: What’s different about me with this life changing event?
- Ask yourself: Who are you? Then whatever the answer is stay true to that. Stay true to yourself. Don’t allow people and things to determine who you are.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from CupFullOfGrace. She said, "Love listening to this podcast while getting things done around the house. Its a great inspiration to hear women from all walks of life be vulnerable and share their story with listeners. Sarah asks all the right questions and brings up the best conversations."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!