Episode 70: Brittany Price
Brittany Price joins me for Episode 70. This is one gorgeous girl both inside and out. Jesus just exudes out of her. We talk about surviving the death of her husband--how she found herself as a widow at age 25 with 3 boys under the age of 3. We talk about surrender and how to trust as you walk through the darkness.
I hope you enjoyed my conversation with Brittany. I was so inspired and encouraged by her. @@God doesn't always call us to walk through the rose garden. Sometimes He leads us through the darkness@@. There are some things that we can't choose, but we can choose our response. We can choose how we see the circumstances around us. I will tell you that, I was challenged by that with some difficult circumstances surrounding me. And I want to kick and scream. And its okay to kick and scream, but @@when God tugs at your heart & asks you to obey even though its not comfortable or easy, the best response is surrender@@.
- video of Brittany's story
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible. Don't forget to use SurvivingSarah.com/amazon when shopping for any of your amazon needs.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- I loved how the Holy Spirit had prepared her heart for what she was about to walk through. God has gone before you. No matter what you walk through, God's peace will guard you.
- @@God does not call us to comfort. He calls us to obedience@@. Be obedient. This is what I'm calling you to.
- We all walk through pain and loss. We need to yield to a God who is sovereign and knows best. This is for my good and God's glory. Its not a journey of seeing hope. @@We don't know what tomorrow holds, but we can know the One who hold tomorrow@@. Dare to dream new dreams. God can grow a new dream through this. She wants to widow well for God's glory. What can you do well for His glory?
- Its okay to feel the weight of the sorrow. Its okay to sit in the tension of how you feel and also trust God. @@God can handle all the questions, fears and doubts@@. You have to feel in order to heal. You will walk through the valley, but the key is not standing in the valley. There are mountains ahead.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from Steph Whitacre: "As a wife, soon-to-be mom, friend and mentor to high school and college age girls, I devour every episode. Sarah does an awesome job bringing in guest from various backgrounds, professions and viewpoints--and then listens thoughtfully to what they have to say. In every episode, I find practical advice I need for the immediate and preventative wisdom to avoid pitfalls in the future. If you want to know how to love yourself, your family, and others better, you need to listen to this podcast."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!