Episode 52: Katie Crocombe
Katie Crocombe joins me for Episode 52. She is a wife, mother to two girls and she became a life coach in 2016. She's always had a heart for women's ministry, and what she has experienced has definitely amped up for passion for coaching. We talk today about surviving divorce which includes how to love your ex well, how to heal, how to help your children walk through it and different pieces of advice about co-parenting.
I hope you enjoyed my conversation with Katie. I thought she gave several great bits of @@advice for those of you who are walking through divorce or co-parenting@@. I think my favorite takeaway is something that is applicable for all people whether you are married or not or divorced or not. It was what pastor Andy Stanley said, "@@You can believe the best or assume the worst about people@@." I know that I heard that when Scott and I were first married and that is always the advice I give to newly married couples. But it is so applicable for all relationships--work relationships, friendships, parenting. It doesn't come naturally to believe the best. I always want to jump to assuming the worst. But what difference would it make in your life and relationships if you chose to believe the best in others?
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- The Smart Stepfamilyby Ron L. Deal
- Free download: Encouragement For An Intentional December
- Voxer app
- Podcasts: Surviving Sarah; The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey; My Creative Empire
- Audible.com: The Magnolia Story
- Therapeutic neck pillow
(amazon affiliate links used)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- @@How to love your ex well@@: it is a daily choice. @@Choose to believe he was worth loving@@ and @@choose to say if i don’t want to be treated this way then I won’t treat him that way@@. Remember that it is a wound for him, too.
- Choose what you are going to say and what you are going to believe about him. Andy Stanley said, “@@You can believe the best or assume the worst about people@@."
- @@How to help your kids process the divorce@@: remember that they are children and there is only so much that their hearts and minds can process. They are meant to be and stay innocent. They don’t need to feel like they are choosing sides.
I wanted to remind you that you can purchase a copy of my book Body. Beauty. Boys. The Truth About Girls and How We See Ourselves at SurvivingSarah.com Its a resource for any adolescent girl in your life designed to help her discover how God sees her and how to learn to be content and satisfied with exactly who she is.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from AJ in VA: "I have recently discovered the podcast and have enjoyed listening to all the episodes and learning about the different guests while at work (desktop on the computer all day. I listen to the show via ipod). It has given me a faith boost by the 'hanging with the girlfriends' atmosphere that makes me feel like I am a part of the conversation. Keep up the good work, looking forward to future episodes."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!