Episode 136: Heather MacFadyen
I am so excited to welcome Heather MacFadyen to the show today. You likely know her from the God Centered Mom podcast. She’s been hosting that show for 5 years! If you don’t know her already, she’s a mom to 4 boys. We talk about fears that we have and how fear is the root problem to other emotions we have like anger; we talk about guilt and shame in motherhood and what to do when shame is driving your identity.
- Pinecove Family Camp; Sky Ranch; Kanakuk
- Kat Lee & Hello Mornings & podcast
- Declare Conference - this is a great conference for women who are (or want to be) digital communicators (writers, bloggers, authors, podcasters, speakers)
- Katie Orr podcast
- Forgotten God by Frances Chan
- Open To The Spiritby Scott McKnight
- Whisper by Mark Batterson
- My journal: Moleskine Notebook squared with soft cover
- la croix
- citrus fresh oil by Young Living
- Barefoot Dreams - blardagan
- bible + journal
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- “Not a rejection. Its a direction."
- "Its hard to change our feelings but we can change our thoughts."
- Heather said 3 words: feeling, thinking, acting. When you feel an emotion rise up like anger for example, at some point during it or after ask yourself: What do I feel? What am I thinking? How do I act? I think that most of us are used to be reactionary people. But if we want to get to the root issue then we need to do a little work. Such good advice from Heather today.
- What is your favorite summer survival hack?
- What are some things you did or do as a family that has become a fun tradition?
- What type of fear do you tend to wrestle with when it comes to your kids of those closest to you?
- In what ways has motherhood revealed not so pretty things about yourself?
- How are you tempted to deal with the pain that comes up in life?
- How can you remove yourself as mother out of the equation—to not take it personal?
- Where do you feel guilt in motherhood?
- How has shame defined what you believe about yourself?
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Kati Snody". She said, “I like to think Sarah is like my soul sister. I see so much of myself in her and I am so thankful that she brings this show into our ears each week. I look forward to her weekly shows with anticipation because you never know what kind of show you are going to get. Sarah is delicate, funny, honest, raw and all around a beautiful person"
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!