Episode 120: KariAnne Wood
KariAnne Wood joins me around my virtual kitchen table. And I can’t tell you how much I wish we were able to sit around my actual kitchen table because this girl is golden. You can’t help but like her. She is such a nice person and she makes you feel so special. One thing I love about her is how great a storyteller she is.
KariAnne is a home decor/life style/DIY blogger. She has authored two books—So Close To Amazing and The DIY Home Planner. We talk about what it was like to jump out of her comfort zone, how to find your decorating style, what has helped her embrace who God made her to be, and what she has learned about God through decorating. Plus, I learned in this conversation that she talks to furniture and is a thief—you’ll want to listen to this one!
- KariAnne's books: So Close to Amazing and The DIY Home Planner and You've Got This (Because God's Got You) preorder
- Casper - Get $50 toward SELECT MATTRESSES by visiting Casper.com/SURVIVE and using the promo code SURVIVE at checkout. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
KariAnne's Survival Kit:
- Dimmer Switches for lamps
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- Is there anything that God is calling you to jump into or out of? Are you a natural jumper? Do you live in the tension between change and comfort of norm? I find myself so afraid sometimes when it comes to jumping out of something comfortable. I think its because I'm afraid of failing. Afraid that I'm going to mess things up for people I love--fear of disappointing others. But I long for adventure. I long for new experiences.
- How to find your decorating style: You can take cues from how you dress but at the end of the day simply buy what you love.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Tricia865". She said, “I have loved every episode I’ve listened to so far. I feel like sarah is always talking to incredibly relevant, intelligent and awesome people with very relevant and helpful topics. There really is something for everyone here. I’m so addicted that I’ve started going back in time and listening to all the old ones.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!