Episode 118: Kathleen McCarthy Goff Weber
Kathleen McCarthy Goff Weber joins me around the kitchen table where we get to talk about fashion. You guys know that I love fashion—I love getting dressed. Its like a creative outlet for me. Kathleen owns a boutique in Nashville called K. McCarthy. She has an background of both fashion and counseling. You don’t meet many people with those twos boxes checked on their resume. Listening to her, you’ll see how uniquely wired she is to combine those two passions—fashion and helping people. We talk about what that looks like for her, how she came to own a boutique store, advice on how to love the you that you are, spring trends and trends that are dying.
- Song Finch - use the promo code SURVIVE for 10% off your personalized song from scratch. To listen to the song I created for my mom, click here.
Kathleen's Survival Kit:
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Her dog
- Something to look forward to
- Her quiet time with coffee
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- I always enjoy hearing about how someone loved something as a child and then they see how it plays out in their adult life. God is writing a story not only on your life but also your child's life. Looking back, what story has God been writing on your life?
- When I’m in the middle of an unknown season, I think her advice is so true. We need to look back and remember. When we do that, we can see how God has been working all along. That’s my challenge for us today. Write down moments along your own timeline that seemed like pivotal moments or unknown moments, but note how God showed up. Note how He directed you. Note how He came through. Then, keep that close by. Because even if you aren’t going through an unknown, dark season in the moment, one will come. They often blow through much like the weather. Writing this kind of stuff down helps me to remember and trust God even when my feelings or my circumstances don’t feel like it.
- Love the you that you are. Figure out your best assets and work with them. Highlight those and then forget about the rest. Don't get tripped up by it. Get to a point where you feel confident and then move on. Don't let comparison steal your joy.
- Spring Trends: stars; bigger leg jeans with frayed edges/diagonal hem
- Dying Trends: cold shoulders (all the people praised the Lord)
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!