Episode 115: Melanie Dale
It’s time again for our special crossover episode with Melanie Dale and her show, Lighten Up with Melanie Dale. And today, we tackle the topic of body image—because that isn’t relatable to anyone. When I was in my early twenties, I truly thought that women in their 40’s didn’t deal with this struggle. That is was just a adolescence or twenty-something problem. But news flash, I still want to be attractive. I still struggle to base my worth on something that changes. And that’s why we felt like it was a topic worth talking about. We talk about what shaped our view of bodies in elementary school, triggers for the struggle, what helps us to maintain a healthy view of ourselves, how we feel about our bodies at 40 and how our past affects how we raise our daughters.
- Lighten Up with Melanie Dale crossover show with Surviving Sarah
- Body. Beauty. Boys. The Truth About Girls and How We See Ourselves by Sarah Bragg
- Surviving Sarah Episode 87 with Suzanne Stabile about the Enneagram
- Sarah as a guest on the Enneagram Journey Podcast Episode 10
- Want a chance to win $25 Amazon gift card?!? Give me 3 minutes and complete this survey.
- Canvas People - Get your own 11x14 Canvas People print, for FREE! Just visit Canvas People.com, upload your photo, and enter this special code: SURVIVE
- Casper - Get $50 toward SELECT MATTRESSES by visiting Casper.com/SURVIVE and using the promo code SURVIVE at checkout. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- We are so hard on ourselves. We often say things to ourselves that we would never say to a friend. We need to take a kinder approach to ourselves. When you look in the mirror, say out loud: Be kind to yourself. Practice gratitude.
- Tell your story to trusted people. Ask someone to hold you accountable.
- And remember, everyone is fighting a battle.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!