Episode 105: Christy Wright
Christy Wright joins me for Episode 105. She is the creator of Business Boutique, a Certified Business Coach and a Ramsey Personality with a heart for helping women step into their God-given gifts. Trust me, when you hear this conversation, you will see how passionate she is about empowering women.
If you are a woman who has a side hustle or started a business or has an idea, you will certainly enjoy this episode. Christy gives us advice on where to start, what to do with our fear of failure, how to make your business your own, how to manage your time and how to not kill your creative idea.
- Business Boutiqueby Christy Wright
- Business Boutique event
- Ken Coleman radio show with Christy Wright
- Surviving Sarah episode with David Thomas: "Fear is the birthplace to courage."
- Brene Brown's Gifts of Imperfection; Daring Greatly; Rising Strong
Christy's Survival Kit:
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- What is something that is keeping you back from starting your business or moving forward on an idea? I think for me, the fear of failure and perfectionism are traps that I often fall into. Yes, failure is a possibility, but it shouldn’t keep me from moving forward.
- Have you ever stopped to trace your steps to see where you’ve been and how God has prepared you for what you are doing now?
- Start with the end in mind. Think about where you want to be in 5 years and then take steps to get there. Don't let perfection keep you from starting. And yes, fear is a possibility, but don't let it keep you from starting. Fear doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. It means you’re doing something bold. Fear will creep up every time you do something new. Do it scared. Fear is from the enemy not from God.
- If we want a miracle the requirement is something impossible. The requirement for a miracle is doing something impossible. Sometimes what we want doesn’t match our feelings. Act how you want to feel.
- Make your business your own. Comparison is your enemy.
- Time management is personal. Be willing to say no to things. Be selective about how you spend your time. Figure what matters to you. We say yes when what we mean is no. Don’t focus on letting that person down. don’t focus on the no. focus on the yes. What are your priorities? You don’t need to be everything. In the season you are in, what makes the cut? Everything is not created equal. If everything is important, nothing is important.
- Choose to be present in the moment. Are you focused on what you are not doing? Think about what you did get to. Driving to somewhere that you love. Don’t look behind. Look forward.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!