Episode 103: Natalie Ard
Natalie Ard joins me for Episode 103. With the turn of the holiday season, it was the perfect time to chat with her about what she does. She is a mother who quickly became an entrepreneur after creating a family tradition product called Star From Afar. She is the owner of Star Kids Company where she creates toys and games that help kids play with a purpose. We talk about why she created Star From Afar, tactical ways to make this Christmas meaningful and how she manages being a working mother.
Natalie's Survival Kit:
- Stainless Steel Mug with hot water
- Pistachios with salt & pepper from Costco
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- According to Natalie, balance is not reasonable to strive for when it comes to working and motherhood. Balance wasn’t a word that worked for her. The word boundaries worked better for her. Boundaries feels more doable. I was challenged to look at my daily schedule and decide what boundaries need to be drawn.
- Natalie's Boundaries:
- shut down on the weekends - this looks different in different seasons
- create space for herself - it looks different day to day; pick one personal thing to do that day
- get up early to start with intention
- no matter how busy her day is, when her kids come home from school she puts her phone away and shuts the computer to give a full hour of attention to her kids
- hang out with her husband each night
- boundaries help you be more focused and get more done during the hours that you’ve set aside
- Give yourself permission to find out what works for you.
- I was challenged to think about our Christmas traditions--to think about what we as a family want to be known for. I want to make sure that we savor the holiday season and enjoy the age and stage of life.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Je$B071980". She said, “I love the topics and guests Sarah chooses - it seems like she reads my mind because I can relate to practically every episode! She has a great conversational tone to her podcasts and is so authentic. I've been so encouraged and have learned so much from this show.”
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!