Episode 92: Kelsey Chapman
Kelsey Chapman joins me for Episode 92. She is a Creative & Small Business Coach as well as an Instagram Consultant. As a self proclaimed dreamer and entrepreneur, she knows well that sometimes you need a cheerleader and coach to come alongside you to help you pursue your dreams. If you have a dream but don’t know where to start; or if you don’t feel like you can even have a dream; or if you want a dream but don’t have one; or if you have had to end a dream then you will relate to what we talk about today. We talk about what’s needed in following your dream, road blocks to following your dream and what happens if that dream comes to an end.
- Surviving Sarah episode 87 with Suzanne Stabile - Enneagram breakdown
- Surviving Sarah episode 75 with Ty Lewis on purpose
- The Liturgist Podcast episode on Enneagram
- Bonlife coffee in Cleveland, TN
- Honest Coffee Roasters in Franklin, TN
- Radiant Podcast with Kelsey Chapman interview with Sarah Bragg Episode 34
Kelsey's Survival Kit:
- Iced Coffee
- Books. Currently reading Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- I bet many of you started this episode and felt like you weren’t a dreamer. But I hope that after listening, you feel differently. Our dreams come in different shapes and sizes and look different in different seasons. So no matter where you land on that spectrum, we can all agree that God has purposed you for something. No matter what season you find yourself in, God can weave your dreams throughout.
- I loved her advice to someone who has a dream, but feels the tensions of following it. I think her advice to just release your work into the world and perfect it later is so sound. Just last week, I was talking with someone who wants to write a book one day. And that was my advice to her. Just start writing. Start thinking about what you want to say. Write it down. Writing a book doesn’t start with having all 50,000 words in your mind. It starts with an idea. Sometimes we just need a push to take a step forward—to release something and then perfect it later.
- Comparison is a real weapon against following your passion project/calling/purpose. You have a unique audience to gift and steward, no matter how big or small it is. Just because someone has more or better, doesn’t negate what God wants to do.
- Look for unexpected people who might propel your dream.
- Even if a dream doesn't work out, God can always redirect.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from "Carollovespodcasts". She said, "I look forward to this podcast every week! It's refreshing, encouraging and just fun! Thank you for all the work you put into this so we can join you at the kitchen table."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!