Episode 86: Lisa Lloyd
Lisa Lloyd joins me for Episode 86. Sometimes you meet people and you feel like you could have been friends for years. That is exactly how I felt about Lisa. She is an actress, speaker and writer. I was intrigued by her when I saw her book called Chasing Famous: Living the Life You've Always Auditioned For. I can totally relate that life seems to be full of auditions--in friendships, dating, marriage, parenting, and in our jobs. Sometimes we are enough and accepted and sometimes we are rejected. So we sit down to talk about rejection, God’s redeeming grace and the idea of chasing fame.
- Lisa's book: Chasing Famous: Living the Life You've Always Auditioned For
- My book: Body. Beauty. Boys. The Truth About Girls and How We See Ourselves
- Coach Momby Brenna Stull
- Baby Boot Campby Rebecca Powell
- BB Cream (Loreal brand)
- Voxer app
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- I think one of my favorite takeaways was something she said in the beginning when we were talking about rejection and different seasons of life when the reality of what you want just isn’t working out. She said, “God isn’t breathing on that part of your life right now.” Look around and see what He is breathing on right now in your life. What seems to be happening easily or just falling in your lap? She talked about coming to place where you can trust the no’s.
- @@Man’s rejection is God’s protection@@; those who reject you just aren’t supposed to be on that journey with you. It takes the focus off of what you need to do better and reminds you to just keep walking forward.
- “The Bible is clear, God wants to use the story of our lives to radiate His fame. He doesn’t point His finger at our mistakes and screw-ups. Rather He points us to the stage so we can share with the world how truly glorious He is.”
- She is not afraid to boldly share her story and God stands center stage. Rather than worrying that people will judge you or criticize you for the choices you made, instead light is shone on God center stage. We refuse to believe the lie that we need to stay shut up about it. @@Allow the light to shine on the dark closet of shame to disband the enemy’s lies about it@@.
- I'm also glad that she talked about the power of sharing our story. @@You empower people to share their story when you share your story@@. What keeps you from sharing your story?Do you worry about what people think? Or do you think that you have nothing good to share because of what you've done? It takes a lot of bravery to share your story.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one titled "Great For Husband's Too" from JakecGross. He said, "Great + entertaining podcast. Send it to your wife, but also check it out yourself."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!