Episode 82: Kristin Fry
Kristin Fry joins me for Episode 82 to talk about surviving singlehood. She has worked in full-time ministry for many years. She is a confident, ambitious woman who has a strong desire to help women be self-assured and secure. I invited her to the show so that we could have a conversation about single life. We talk about how to deal with self doubt and insecurity, hurdles to the current dating scene and what it looks like for her to balance her current circumstances with a desire to be married.
- Creativity, INC by Ed Catmull
- Cross Fit
- Friends where you can have unedited conversations
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
Takeaways From Our Conversation:
- Even though this was a conversation about surviving single life, I feel like there is so much application for women in general. Many of us find ourselves in holding patterns—waiting for what’s next. Her advice to just make the best next decision is so good.
- Or another thing that really hit me was the truth that we need to operate out of a sense of who you are rather than waiting for a man or relationship or child or job or status to make you complete. That is sometimes so hard, isn’t it? Another thing that Brene Brown talks about it is how we sometimes operate out of a sense of scarcity rather than operating from a place of being enough--that you are enough and that you have enough for today.
- How to deal with insecurity--remember that God has created you on purpose for a purpose. @@No one else can do what God has proposed you to do@@.
Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.
A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.
Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren and many more.
Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.
My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.
Here is a recent one from CupFullOfGrace. She said, "Love listening to this podcast while getting things done around the house. Its a great inspiration to hear women from all walks of life be vulnerable and share their story with listeners. Sarah asks all the right questions and brings up the best conversations."
Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!