Episode 134: Katie Bennett
Katie Bennett joins me. She is a wife and mom of three with one on the way. She and her husband have a podcast called “Embracing a Simpler Life in Light of Eternity” and she recently published the book Heavenly Minded Mom.We sit down and have a conversation around the idea of what it means to embrace a heavenly perspective, how God used a really hard season of life to help propel her faith forward and some practical ways to gain perspective.
(Amazon affiliate links used when possible--purchasing through these links is an easy way to support the show. Or shop using www.SurvivingSarah.com/amazon and a portion of the what you buy will go back to the show.)
- Have you ever felt passionate about something? If so, what is it?
- If you have ever walked through a season of fear, what helped you when you felt overwhelmed with anxiety?
- What could help you put your focus on this the unseen world that Katie talked about?
- How has walking through a hardship changed your perspective in a good way or propelled your faith forward?
- When you are walking through something hard, what is something true that you can go back to?
- How do you see God writing a story on your life (or the life of your child)?
- Read Ecclesiastes 1:1-11. What do you think the author was trying to communicate? How do you think this might apply to our lives today?
- What have you been focusing on? If that is something meaningless, what can you shift your perspective to and how?
- What is something you can do to build perspective in your life?
- What did you enjoy about this episode? What was your takeaway. Let's continue the conversation on Instagram or Twitter or you can send me an email here. Thank you for following along life with me. I love being apart of your day. And as always, I hope this show helps you survive a little easier.A new episode every Tuesday... just subscribe.Subscribe for free on iTunes or Stitcher or your favorite podcast app so that you don't miss out on great conversations with women just like you. Women who are surviving and thriving. You don't have to do life alone. Be inspired, encouraged and entertained by women like Sandra Stanley, Shannan Martin, Jamie B. Golden, Mo Isom, Annie F. Downs, Joni Lay from Lay Baby Lay, Christy Nockels, Kay Warren, Suzanne Stabile and many more.Did you enjoy today's conversation? Rate the podcast.My goal each week is to encourage you to survive in this very thing called life. If you were encouraged or inspired or entertained, head over to iTunes and leave a brief review with a 5 star rating.Here is a recent one from "Kati Snody". She said, “I like to think Sarah is like my soul sister. I see so much of myself in her and I am so thankful that she brings this show into our ears each week. I look forward to her weekly shows with anticipation because you never know what kind of show you are going to get. Sarah is delicate, funny, honest, raw and all around a beautiful person"Your review will help get the podcast in front of new listeners who are just like you looking to know that they aren't alone in life. Thank you for being awesome!